Routinely ranked as one of ENR’s Top Contractors, Juneau Construction is a highly respected industry leader throughout the southeast region. While we tirelessly pursue construction excellence in our core markets of Higher Education, Hospitality, High Density Mixed-Use, and Historic Preservation our need for innovative, energetic and morally centered construction professionals will never diminish.
The Project Administrator position provides primary administrative support for construction projects from startup through final closeout. The Project Administrator serves as the liaison between the jobsite project team, and the finance department ensuring all accounting standard operating procedures are followed. The Project Administrator performs activities related to subcontracts, purchase orders, bonds, insurance, payables, lien waivers, notice to contractors, cost/budget reports, and OAC meetings.
- College Degree Preferred
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Administrative and Construction Industry Experience Preferred.
- Must possess outstanding communication, time management and computer skills. Must be able to work well in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist project management team and field personnel as needed
- Assist with project set up and ensure Notice of Commencement is filed in timely manner
- Process and distribute subcontracts, subcontract COs, purchase orders and purchase order COs
- Collect and submit for approval all project related invoices and pay applications; ensure timely approval and cost import into accounting system
- Work closely with subcontractors and vendors to resolve paperwork and payment issues
- Collect, track and index all payment related documents including but not limited to subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders, P&P Bonds, lien waivers, affidavits, notice to contractors, notices of non-payment and close out documents; ensure proper compliance with applicable state lien laws and Juneau standards and policies
- Collect, track, index and maintain current subcontractor insurance certificates and required endorsements; send to Risk Management for review
- Track and index Notice to Contractor notifications and lower tier lien waivers; ensure all lower tier subcontractors and suppliers are paid timely
- Assist with owner billings as needed
- Work closely with project management and accounting to ensure timely close out of projects
- Maintain current, up to date knowledge of lien laws and best practices; attend training and educational programs as needed
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective communication and coordination between project team and accounting department
- Provide documentation and support to accounting department as needed
- Other duties as assigned by project management team, accounting department or Senior Accountant
The above description covers the overall duties and responsibilities associated with this job listing. This description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous duties required to perform day to day activities. Juneau Construction Company is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.